or 4 fortnightly payments from $5.00 with More info
100% Pure Beeswax Candles | Australian Made
$20.00 – $35.00
Beautiful natural candles
Incredible natural beeswax candles that are good for you and for the planet
Enjoy the benefits of these beautiful candles made from Australian beeswax
Natural beeswax that is sustainable sourced from Australian beehives is a unique and wonderful product to use. Each batch is unique in it's own way depending on the seasonal variations; on what is in bloom and the natural world around the bees.
Why you should choose beeswax candles
- Superior burn to paraffin, soy or palm wax
- Highest melting point of any wax with less drips and wax pools
- Longer burn time compared to other types of wax
- Warm golden flame adding to natural ambiance
- Burn is smoke free
- Natural health benefits from ionising the air when it is light purifying your air from dust, pollen, odours, toxins, mould and mildew
- Supporting natural beekeepers
- Delicious natural honey scent
- 2 sizes available - 100g and 250g
- 100g burn time is approximately 20+ hours
- 200g burn time is approximately 36+ hours
- Wooden wicks
- Black or White Glass jars
- Optional Christmas Candle if you are feeling festive = listed here
Why we won't stock other types of candles
- Paraffin wax is a by-product of petrochemical fuels. It is the black sludge that has been rejected by the oil industry that is then bleached. A known carcinogen chemical is then added to form solid blocks.
- Paraffin is often used blended with other waxes to create a stronger scent.
- Palm oil wax is absolutely not a sustainable choice with irresponsible plantation expansion devastating critical habitats and threatening wildlife. It is often mixed with other waxes as a cheap option
- Soy wax is made from the soy plant. However, it is not natural. The soybean matter is separated from the oil which is then refined and bleached. The oil is then heated and chemically distilled with hexane, bleached with chlorine, deodorized with boric acid and then hydrogenated.
- It is also estimated that soy exports have displaced forests in Brazil, Bolivia, Uruguay and Paraguay making sustainably sourced soy not particularly accessible. There are also major concerns about the use of pesticides and fertilisers within the industry.
- In order for a soy candle to be labelled as "Pure Soy Candle' it only has to be 51% soy and may actually be blended with paraffin or palm wax.
Why we won't use scent in our candles
- In order for a candle to have a good quality 'scent throw' you need to use approximately 6-9% of fragrance oils.
- Fragrance oils are not natural. They are often also petroleum based, again exposing you with potential toxins
- Commonly emitted VOCs related to scent in candles include formaldehyde, petroleum distillates, alcohol and esters. All of which can cause a range of health problems ranging from headaches, dizziness and allergy symptoms such as asthma and respiratory tract infections.
- Often cited are natural candles fragranced with essential oils. I have two problems with this. As stated about you generally need 6-9% of oil to add fragrance to a candle. And often essential oils don't have the same scent profiles meaning you may need more. Essential oils are a precious resource and should be used as such. Sparingly and only when they can really be used to their full potential. It seems to me burning them in a candle when you could easily have the option to diffuse them seems like a wasted opportunity to actually enjoy their benefits.
Small White, Small Black, Medium White, Medium Black
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.